Welcome to APA Division 42, the Community for Psychologists in Independent Practice. We offer tools and learning opportunities to increase your professional skill building and practice development across the span of your career, whether you’re a student, early career psychologist, mid career professional or a seasoned practitioner transitioning to part time practice.
Regular Membership is $65 per year. Student Membership is $25 per year.
Memberships are for the calendar year January-December.
Applications submitted after August 4th will be applied to the following calendar year.
Join Division 42
To join online fill out the online membership application
Get the paper form and mail it with your payment to:
APA Division Services
750 First Street NE
Washington, DC 20002
Call (202) 336-6013
APA Full Members/Fellows/Affiliates or dues exempt members will renew the division on their APA renewal statement. Affiliate members will renew dues with a mailed invoice.
Division 42 Programs and Products
- Practice Innovations – A new cross-disciplinary journal for clinicians
- Independent Practitioner – Quarterly magazine filled with thought-provoking articles and tips
- Division 42 Fellows – distinction for outstanding contributions in psychology and independent practice
- Mentorshoppe – Guidance for ECPs and for ABPP accreditation
- Advocacy training – Promotes effective communication with legislators
- Multi-cultural toolkit – Resources to expand awareness and to inform ethical practice
- Regional meet-ups – For networking and sharing ideas about independent practice
- Virtual Learning Hours – CE-eligible Webinars and conference calls on practice-related topics
- Mastermind groups – Virtual meetings to share ideas for marketing
- Scholarships for ECPs who have demonstrated potential for leadership in psychology
- Division 42 Listserv – The heart of the Division 42 community
- Social media – Stay current via Linkedin, Facebook & Twitter
- …And more
Click the arrow below the first image to begin slide presentation.