Welcome to APA Division 42, the Community for Psychologists in Independent Practice.
We offer tools and learning opportunities to increase your professional skill building and practice development across the span of your career, whether you’re a student, early career psychologist, mid career professional, or a seasoned practitioner transitioning to part-time practice.
Here are some of our great member benefits:
- We offer a welcoming and experienced community of professionals in independent practice and academia who are available for consultation and collaboration.
- We offer online special interest forums and a dynamic listserv (with over 1000 subscribers) with colleagues at all levels of experience throughout North America.
- We host Virtual Happy Hour conference calls and in-person networking and social gatherings.
- We publish the Independent Practitioner quarterly publication filled with insightful, timely, and useful articles.
- We provide leadership and networking opportunities within APA to serve on the Board, committees, and task forces addressing practice issues.
- We offer tools and support to help you:
- build a successful practice by developing expertise in clinical specialties and diverse practice niches
- Provide evidence-based clinical services, including psychotherapy, evaluation/assessment, consultation and training, across the lifespan
- Market and manage your practice effectively through the use of technology and social media
- Manage your practice, including billing, record-keeping, risk-management/ethics and navigation of Managed care and Medicaid/Medicare
- Apply research and clinical training/supervision
Look around. We encourage you to contact us with any questions, or simply apply now for membership.