Nominate those who deserve special recognition from Division 42!
We are seeking nominations for these areas: Distinguished Psychologist of the Year Distinguished Public Service and Mentoring Award. Past recipients of these Awards are shown on our website Award Information
To view the criteria for each award, click the links below:
Distinguished Psychologist of the Year
Distinguished Psychologist of the Year include:
- Distinguished, sustained service in the practice of psychology. While no specific length of service is required, a minimum of 15 to 20 years should be the norm.
- The candidate is licensed and devotes a significant portion of time to the delivery of services.
- Evidence of having received local, state, or national recognition.
- The achievement of recognition by an appropriate specialty board.
- Having served on local, state, or national boards, committees, and/or a Division of APA.
- The publication of theoretical, scientific, and/or research articles, books, monographs, and assessment devices which have made a demonstrable impact on the practice or thinking of colleagues.
- The recipient of honors from other professional organizations.
- Significant contribution in the areas of the training and/or teaching of colleagues.
- Distinguished contribution to public welfare as a psychologist.
Distinguished Public Service Award
In addition, the Division will consult with the APA Practice Directorate, State Psychological Associations in the region where the Annual Convention is being held and Congressional Fellows of APA to assist in identifying a recipient of the Division’s Distinguished Public Service Award, and coordinate selection with the Chief Executive and other Officers of APA.
The Mentoring Award acknowledges the importance of mentors to professional psychologists. This award will be given to an individual(s) who:
- Has been instrumental in aiding psychologists to succeed in their independent practices
- Has mentored early career psychologists
- Has mentored graduate psychology students
- Nominations may be made by one person and letters of support from others will be considered in selecting the awardee.
Please note that the application will not complete until CV, Letters of Recommendation and Brief Statement about why the individual(s) nominated should receive an award.