Nominate those who deserve special recognition from Division 42!
We are seeking nominations for:
- Distinguished Psychologist of the Year
- Psychologist Mentor of the Year
Scroll down for eligibility criteria.
Lists of previous award recipients are available here.
Self-nominations are welcome.
DEADLINE: March 18, 2019
Distinguished Psychologist of the Year
Distinguished Psychologist of the Year include:
- Distinguished, sustained service in the practice of psychology. While no specific length of service is required, a minimum of 15 to 20 years should be the norm.
- The candidate is licensed and devotes a significant portion of time to the delivery of services.
- Evidence of having received local, state, or national recognition.
- The achievement of recognition by an appropriate specialty board.
- Having served on local, state, or national boards, committees, and/or a division of APA.
- The publication of theoretical, scientific, and/or research articles, books, monographs, and assessment devices which have made a demonstrable impact on the practice or thinking of colleagues.
- The recipient of honors from other professional organizations.
- Significant contribution in the areas of the training and/or teaching of colleagues.
- Distinguished contribution to public welfare as a psychologist.
The Mentoring Award acknowledges the importance of mentors to professional psychologists. This award will be given to an individual(s) who:
- Has been instrumental in aiding psychologists to succeed in their independent practices.
- Has mentored early career psychologists.
- Has mentored graduate students of psychology.
Please note that the application will not be complete until the CV, letters of recommendation, and brief statement about why the individual(s) nominated should receive an award.