Connect with and learn from colleagues across the U.S. and Canada on our lively, informative email list. One of our greatest member benefits, our listserv discussions are a place to ask questions, share information, insight, guidance, and opinions. Topics vary and include clinical issues, ethical dilemmas, business of practice tips and ideas, referral requests, book recommendations, psychology news, and social topics.
Download: Division 42 listserv policies
Subscribe or manage your own listserv settings:
Please note that you cannot access the listserv settings on this website.
In order to manage your Division 42 email list settings, please visit the APA listserv website where you can manage these settings.
Where can I find the archives of old listserv postings?
The archives of all listserv postings can also be found on the APA listserv website.
What if I can’t remember my listserv password?
Re-setting your listserv password is easier than you think. Follow these instructions.
- In the login box at this page, click on the blue text that says: “get a new listserv PASSWORD.” You can also access this page directly.
- Once there:
- In the first box, enter your email address.
- In the second box, enter the new password you want.
- In the third box, confirm the new password you just entered above.
- Click “Register Password” and you will have successfully changed your password without having to recall your old one.
Now that you are back in your profile, here is how to change your settings:
- Once there, select the ‘Subscriber’s Corner‘ option.
- Follow the instructions from there to change any of the settings you want to change. You can use the “My Settings” tab.
- Select [Settings] next to the Division 42 list.
- Under the ‘Subscription Type’ category select the ‘radio button’ for the type of digest you want to receive.
- At the bottom of the page select the ‘Update Options’ button.
- You can search the archives of the list at that same web address.
If you have difficulty adjusting your settings, or you need additional help, please contact Jeannie Beeaff.
Information on different mail settings under mail subscription:
- Regular: With a “regular” subscription, you receive individual postings immediately as they are processed by LISTSERV.
Digest (Traditional), Digest (MIME format), Digest (HTML format): With a “digest” subscription, you receive larger messages (called “digests”) at regular intervals, usually once per day or once per week. These “digests” are collections of individual list postings. Some lists are so active that they produce several digests per day.
Digests are a good compromise between reading everything as it is posted and feeling like the list is clogging your mailbox with a multitude of individual postings.
There are three digest formats: a “traditional”, text-only format; a MIME format, which (with mail clients that understand MIME digests) “bursts” the individual messages out of the digest so that you can read them separately; and an HTML format, which requires an HTML mail clients.
Index (Traditional), Index (HTML format): With an “index” subscription, you receive short “index” messages at regular intervals, usually once per day or once per week. These “indexes” show you what is being discussed on the list, without including the text of the individual postings. For each posting, the date, the author’s name and address, the subject of the message, and the number of lines is listed. You can then download messages of interest from the server (the index contains instructions on how to do that).
An index subscription is ideal if you have a slow connection and only read a few hand-picked messages. The indexes are very short and you do not have to worry about long download times. The drawback of course is that you need to reconnect to retrieve messages of interest from the server.
You can choose to have the index sent to you in either a traditional format (plain text) or in HTML format with hyperlinks.