Thinking about joining APA Division 42, the Community for Psychologists in Independent Practice?
We are excited that you are thinking about joining our Division, which is home for practicing psychologists in independent practice. Division 42 is a vibrant community of interested and engaged practitioners whose mission is to support and connect psychologists who are engaged in our evolving profession, across specialties and settings, at all stages of their careers, and to build ethical business, practice, and leadership skills.
Whether you are a student, early career psychologist, mid-career professional, or seasoned practitioner, we believe you will find a community in Division 42 that will be of great benefit to you.
Regular membership is $65 per year. Student membership is $25 per year.
Memberships are for the calendar year, January to December.
Applications submitted after August 4th will be applied to the following calendar year.
YOU WILL NEED TO CREATE AN APA LOGIN EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT AN APA MEMBER AND WISH TO BE AN AFFILIATE MEMBER OF DIVISION 42 – Affiliate members do not need to be members of APA.
Join Division 42
To join online fill out the online membership application
Get the paper form and mail it with your payment to:
APA Division Services
750 First Street NE
Washington, DC 20002
Call (202) 336-6013
APA Full Members/Fellows/Affiliates or dues-exempt members will renew their division membership on their APA renewal statement. Affiliate members will renew dues with a mailed invoice.
Benefits of Division 42 Membership
- Division 42 listserv – Our listserv is the heart of Division 42! Members are very responsive to other members’ posts and are pleased to share resources and expertise, and to offer support.
- Practice Innovations – A cross-disciplinary journal for clinicians
- Independent Practitioner – Quarterly magazine/newsletter filled with thought-provoking articles and tips
- Mentorshoppe – Guidance for early career psychologists and for board certification
- Advocacy opportunities – Promotes effective communication with legislators and other decision-makers
- Multicultural Toolkit and other resources to support clinical practice – Resources to expand awareness and to inform ethical practice
- Mastermind groups – Virtual meetings to share ideas for marketing
- Membership directory
- Community connection through social media – Stay current via Linkedin, Facebook, & Twitter
- Division 42 Fellow of APA – Distinction for outstanding contributions in psychology and independent practice
Click the arrow below the first image to begin slide presentation.