Division 42 Programs and Products
- Fast Forward – Live workshops on ethics, clinical specialties, business skills and more
- Forensic Psychology Conference – Focusing on assessment, ethics and expert testimony
- Practice Innovations – A new cross-disciplinary journal for clinicians
- Independent Practitioner – Quarterly magazine filled with thought-provoking articles and tips
- Mentorshoppe – Guidance for ECPs and for ABPP accreditation
- Advocacy training – Promotes effective communication with legislators
- Multi-cultural toolkit – Resources to expand awareness and to inform ethical practice
- Regional meet-ups – For networking and sharing ideas about independent practice
- Virtual Learning Hours – CE-eligible Webinars and conference calls on practice-related topics
- Mastermind groups – Virtual meetings to share ideas for marketing
- Scholarships for ECPs who have demonstrated potential for leadership in psychology
- Division 42 Listserv – The heart of the Division 42 community
- Social media – Stay current via Linkedin, Facebook & Twitter
- …And more
A message to our life-status members…
We need your help.
Dear Colleague: As a long-time member of APA you have earned life-member status, which includes exemption from Division dues. Division 42 appreciates your support over the years. But we are facing a crisis.
Membership is growing, but dues revenue is shrinking
How can this be? New members are joining Division 42. However, the number of new dues-paying members is eclipsed by an even greater number of those who attain dues-exempt life status. Currently over 750 members of Division 42 are no longer required to pay dues. In order to meet our operating expenses, the Board has reluctantly voted to increase annual dues for younger members. But this won’t be sufficient to maintain all the programs and products that you see on this page, as well as future projects to help meet the needs of psychologists in private practice.
Please help your younger colleagues
The Division 42 dues increase does not affect you. Essentially, you are paid up for life! But we hope you’ll consider making a modest, dues-like contribution to the Division, so that we can continue to provide programs and services to colleagues at various career levels. Today’s marketplace is far more challenging than when you were starting out.
How to contribute
The simplest way to help support Division 42 is to set up a credit card payment that auto-renews annually. Suggested donations are listed below. Please select the option that fits your budget.
A few of our members are in a position to make a generous gift of $500 or more to Division 42. If you are able to do so, please contact our Membership Committee Chair for personal assistance in setting up your donation.